2020-2021 Basic and Clinical Science Course, Section 02: Fundamentals and Principles of Ophthalmology-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $115
By American Academy of Ophthalmology(Author), Vikram S. Brar MD(Editor)
Size : 99.6 MB
Section 2 provides the essential scientific grounding for current ophthalmic practice.
It also includes an imaging chapter, Ophthalmic Radiology, with figures and tables covering relevant topics, including comparing MRI and CT and ordering imaging studies. Efficiently study with newly added sidebars highlighting key points and take-away information in each chapter.
Discusses ocular anatomy, embryology, biochemistry and metabolism in the eye, and ocular pharmacology. Features genetics information, including an overview of appropriate uses for the latest genetic techniques.
Three clinical videos (sample) and three interactive activities are included. Both print and eBook users have access to the videos.
Upon completion of Section 2, readers should be able to:
- Identify the bones making up the orbital walls and the orbital foramina
- Identify the biochemical composition of the various parts of the eye and the eye’s secretions
- Demonstrate how appropriate diagnosis and management of genetic diseases can lead to better patient care
- Describe the features of the eye that facilitate or impede drug delivery
- Describe the mechanisms of action of antibiotic, antiviral, and antifungal medications
- Discuss the anesthetic agents used in ophthalmology
- Paperback: 546 pages
- Publisher: American Academy of Ophthalmology; 4th Ed. edition (June 1, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1681043586
- ISBN-13: 978-1681043586