2020-2021 BCSC (Basic and Clinical Science Course), Section 06: Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $140
By American Academy of Ophthalmology(Author), Robert W. Hered MD(Editor)
Size : 69.68 MB
Section 6 begins with discussions of the pediatric eye examination and extraocular muscle anatomy. Includes chapters on amblyopia, sensory physiology and pathology, and the diagnostic evaluation of strabismus. Examines the clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of esodeviations and exodeviations, pattern strabismus, vertical deviations, nystagmus, and special forms of strabismus. Also, describes key aspects of extraocular muscle surgery.
The second part of this book covers the full range of pediatric ocular disorders. Videos (sample) covering diagnostic evaluation, procedures for vertical deviations and surgery of the extraocular muscles are included.
This section includes 37 videos, plus animations demonstrating the Krimsky test, cover-uncover test, alternate cover test, prism alternate cover test, simultaneous prism and cover test. Tables detailing neuro-oculocutaneous syndromes are also included. Both print and eBook users have access to the videos and animations.
Upon completion of Section 6, readers should be able to:
- Describe evaluation techniques for young children that provide the maximum gain of information with the least trauma and frustration
- Explain the classification and diagnosis of amblyopia, as well as the treatment options
- Describe the commonly used diagnostic and measurement tests for strabismus
- List the possible complications of strabismus surgery, and describe guidelines to minimize them
- Design an approach to the diagnosis of decreased vision in children, and list resources available to these patients
Last major revision: 2018–2019
- Paperback: 475 pages
- Publisher: American Academy of Ophthalmology (June 1, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1681043623
- ISBN-13: 978-1681043623