2020-2021 BCSC (Basic and Clinical Science Course), Section 08: External Disease and Cornea-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $120
By American Academy of Ophthalmology(Author), Robert W. Weisenthal MD(Editor)
Size : 108.6 MB
Section 8 discusses the structure and function of the cornea and external eye and reviews relevant examination techniques.
Includes the latest statistics on indications for corneal transplants from the eye bank Association of America. Covers infectious and ocular surface diseases; disorders and surgery of the ocular surface; immune-mediated and neoplastic disorders; and congenital anomalies and degenerations. A chapter on the genetics of corneal dystrophies reflects the IC3D classification. Toxic and traumatic injuries and corneal transplantation are also reviewed.
Eleven original narrated technical videos (sample) demonstrating select surgical techniques, including animations will aid your understanding. Both print and eBook users have access to the videos.
Upon completion of Section 8, readers should be able to:
- Describe the anatomy and molecular biology of the cornea
- Recognize the distinctive signs of specific diseases of the ocular surface and cornea
- Outline the steps in an ocular examination for corneal or external eye disease and choose the appropriate laboratory and other diagnostic tests
- Assess the indications and techniques of surgical procedures for managing corneal disease, trauma, and refractive error
Last major revision: 2017–2018
- Paperback: 533 pages
- Publisher: American Academy of Ophthalmology (June 1, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 168104143X
- ISBN-13: 978-1681043647
- Package Dimensions: 9.6 x 6.6 x 1 inches