Churchill’s Pocketbook of Surgery, 4th
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Andrew T. Raftery BSc MBChB(Hons) MD FRCS(Eng) FRCS(Ed) (Author), Michael S. Delbridge MB ChB(Hons) MD FRCS (Vascular)(Author), Marcus J. D. Wagstaff BSc(Hons) PhD MBBS MRCS(Eng) FRCS(Plast) (Author)
The Fourth Edition of this highly-praised pocketbook provides a concise and didactic account of the essential features of the more common surgical disorders, at both a size and price to suit the pocket. The book covers basic principles, as well as providing essential information on aetiology, diagnosis and management, including pre-operative and postoperative care. The text covers the field of general surgery but also covers the basic needs of the undergraduate as far as the surgical specialities are concerned. The book helps you with the essentials of history-taking, what physical signs to elicit, the differential diagnosis, what investigations to order and how to treat the patient. The text is illustrated with line drawings and imaging.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of general surgery, as well as an outline of the essentials of the surgical specialties.
- Identifies the basic principles together with key information on aetiology, diagnosis and management, as well as pre- and post-operative care.
- Includes an overview of history-taking, relevant physical signs, differential diagnosis, investigations and practical treatment.
- Checklist of emergency situations for quick reference
The thoroughly updated text for this new edition includes new sections on practical procedures, ENT, gynaecology, audit, evidence-based medicine, clinical governance and medicolegal issues.
- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 4 edition (April 29, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0702039934
- ISBN-13: 9780702039935