A Practice of Anesthesia for Infants and Children, 6e-PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $239
By Charles J. Cote MD(Author), Jerrold Lerman MD(Author), Brian Anderson(Author)
Size : 191.13 MB
Covering everything from preoperative evaluation to neonatal emergencies to the PACU, A Practice of Anesthesia in Infants and Children, 6th Edition, features state-of-the-art advice on the safe, effective administration of general and regional anesthesia to young patients. It reviews underlying scientific information, addresses preoperative assessment and anesthesia management in detail, and provides guidelines for postoperative care, emergencies, and special procedures. Comprehensive in scope and thoroughly up to date, this 6th Edition delivers unsurpassed coverage of every key aspect of pediatric anesthesia.
- Includes a laminated pocket reference guide inside – also available as an expanded online version (“Pedi Anesth” from the Starship Children’s Hospital in Auckland, NZ).
- Features key references at the end of each chapter that provide a quick summary for review.
- Presents must-know information on standards, techniques, and the latest advances in pediatric anesthesia from global experts.
- Provides access to a video library of 70 pediatric anesthesia procedures – 35 are new! Videos include demonstrations on managing the difficult pediatric airway, cardiac assist devices in action, new positioning devices, management of burn injuries, and many demonstrations of ultra-sound guided regional anesthesia blocks and techniques.
- Features extensive revisions of all chapters with many new contributors, and numerous new figures and tables throughout.
- Introduces new drugs such as those used to premedicate children and facilitate emergence from anesthesia, plus an up-to-date discussion of the drug approval process and detailed information on opioid safety for children with obstructive sleep.
- Includes new chapters on pharmacogenomic implications of drugs in children and the anesthetic implications when caring for children with cancer.
- Offers up-to-date information on the management of emergence agitation, sleep-disordered breathing, neonatal and pediatric emergencies, and the obese child and bariatric surgery.
- The Essentials chapters, with extensive input from pediatrician experts, provide the latest information concerning hematology, pulmonology, oncology, hepatology, nephrology, and neurology.
- Contains significant updates on perioperative fluid management, pharmacology, intravenous anesthesia and target controlled infusions, cystic fibrosis, new interventional devices for children with congenital heart defects, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simulation in pediatric anesthesia, and much more.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Hardcover: 1280 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 6 edition (March 5, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323429742
- ISBN-13: 978-0323429740