Abeloff’s Clinical Oncology 6th Edition-Original PDF
By Russell R. Lonser (Editor), J. Bradley Elder (Editor)
Size : 138.48 Mb
Easily accessible and clinically focused, Abeloff’s Clinical Oncology, 6th Edition, covers recent advances in our understanding of the pathophysiology of cancer, cellular and molecular causes of cancer initiation and progression, new and emerging therapies, current trials, and much more. Masterfully authored by an international team of leading cancer experts, it offers clear, practical coverage of everything from basic science to multidisciplinary collaboration on diagnosis, staging, treatment and follow up.
- Includes new chapters on Cancer Metabolism and Clinical Trial Designs in Oncology and a standalone chapter on lifestyles and cancer prevention.
- Features extensive updates including the latest clinical practice guidelines, decision-making algorithms, and clinical trial implications, as well as new content on precision medicine, genetics, and PET/CT imaging.
- Includes revised diagnostic and treatment protocols for medical management, surgical considerations, and radiation oncology therapies, stressing a multispecialty, integrated approach to care.
- Helps you find information quickly with updated indexing related to management recommendations, focused fact summaries, updated key points at the beginning of each chapter ideal for quick reference and board review, and algorithms for patient evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Offers more patient care coverage in disease chapters, plus new information on cancer as a chronic illness and cancer survivorship.
- Discusses today’s key topics such as immuno-oncology, functional imaging, precision medicine, the application of genetics in pathologic diagnosis and sub-categorization of tumors as well as the association of chronic infectious diseases such as HIV and cancer.
- Hardcover: 2072 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 6 edition (March 22, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323476740
- ISBN-13: 978-0323476744