Acquired Language Disorders: A Case-Based Approach, Third Edition-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $109
By Evelyn R. Klein(Author), James M. Mancinelli(Author)
Size : 34.8 MB
Acquired Language Disorders: A Case-Based Approach, Third Edition, is a practical, easy-to-follow, informative guide for students and clinicians. The authors present each case from an impairment-based perspective with practical applications for improving activities of daily living, as well as a socially interactive perspective to create a wholistic picture of each case. For people with aphasia, clinicians are encouraged to consider not only language but also executive functions, attention, memory, and visuospatial skills. This edition begins with a review of the basics of brain-behavior relationships and pertinent medical terminology for treating individuals who have a neurological impairment. Each disorder is then introduced in a case-based format that includes a case scenario with a photo, functional analysis of the patient, critical thinking/learning activities, a diagnostic profile, the new Target Assessment Snapshot, treatment considerations, and a Venn diagram of the A-FROM Model with patient goals for each case. Special features include “Test Your Knowledge” sections based on 10 patient scenarios along with an answer key, a Quick Reference Diagnostic Chart for ALDs, and a Functional Communication Connections worksheet for treatment planning purposes.
New to the Third Edition
- The 15 clinical cases include new photos along with the Target Assessment Snapshot depicting level of severity for expression, comprehension, reading, and writing and areas of cognitive impairment. A new case includes a bilingual person with aphasia.
- All chapters have been updated with relevant research.
- An A-FROM model graphic for each patient’s treatment goals is included.
- There is a new Assessment Summary Sheet to help the clinician with the development of a diagnostic profile.
- The chapter on assessment is updated and new assessments are added, including the Assessment of Living with Aphasia (ALA) and the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (R-BANS), the Progressive Aphasia Severity Scale (PASS), and more.
- Chapter 10 includes more than 25 treatment approaches and therapeutic programs.
- The chapter on assessment and service delivery for people with ALD includes discussions of the ICF and the A-FROM Model.
- The PowerPoint lecture slides to augment the text are now accessible on a PluralPlus companion website.
- Paperback: 327 pages
- Publisher: Plural Publishing, Inc.; 3 edition (December 20, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1635500974
- ISBN-13: 978-1635500974