Atlas of Regional and Free Flaps for Head and Neck Reconstruction: Flap Harvest and Insetting
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Mark L. Urken MD FACS , Mack L. Cheney MD FACS, Keith E. Blackwell MD, Jeffrey R. Harris MD, Tessa A. Hadlock MD , Neal Futran MD DMD
Discover a revolutionary approach to reconstructive surgery! Now in its Second Edition, The Atlas of Regional and Free Flaps for Head and Neck Reconstruction delivers clear, heavily illustrated coverage of regional skin, muscle, and musculocutaneous flaps as well as donor sites from distant regions of the body where vascularized skin, muscle, bone, and nerves can be harvested and transferred to the head and neck.
The Atlas will prove invaluable information to otolaryngologists, plastic surgeons, and general surgeons, who use both regional and free flaps to reconstruct damage to the head and neck caused by cancer and trauma. This Atlas provides the surgeon with techniques for mastering different donor sites needed to find solutions to virtually every reconstruction problem. It provides detailed descriptions of the anatomy and harvesting techniques of the major regional and free-flap donor sites currently employed in head and neck reconstruction.
The in-depth coverage that readers trust…
• Clinically detailed full-color line drawings emphasize proper harvesting technique for all flaps.
• Full procedural discussions address relevant anatomy, flap design and utilization, anatomic variations, preoperative and postoperative care, tips for avoiding potential pitfalls, and harvesting techniques for each donor site.
• Use of fresh cadaver dissections provides the most realistic portrayal of step-by-step detail that gives the resident and attending surgeon a thorough understanding of each donor site.
Plus a wealth of features NEW to the Second Edition…
• New chapters address the submental flap, ulnar forearm flap, anterolateral thigh flap, paramedian forehead flap, cervicofacial advancement flap, and perforator flaps.
• New content on skin-flap harvesting includes: addition of the coronoid harvest process to the temporalis chapter; addition of the osteocutaneous radial forearm flap to the radial forearm flap chapter; addition of scalp harvest to the chapter on the temporoparietal fascial flap; addition of scapular tip harvest for use in palatomaxillary reconstruction; and addition of harvest of the IMA and IMV recipient vessels and harvest of the TAC system of vessels to the recipient vessel chapter.
• New demonstrations of flap insetting and design for a number of reconstructions
- Hardcover: 547 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Second edition (December 9, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1605479721
- ISBN-13: 9781605479729