Autophagy and Cardiometabolic Diseases: From Molecular Mechanisms to Translational Medicine-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $150
Size : 33.95 MB
Autophagy and Cardiometabolic Diseases: From Moleculer Mechanisms to Translational Medicine covers the science of autophagy in relation to cardiometabolic diseases and the future therapeutic potentials of autophagy regulation in these processes. Processes are not described in isolation, but in concert with other cellular and/or metabolic processes, such as lipogenesis, glucose, energy metabolism and apoptosis. This approach recognizes the multifactorial nature of cardiometabolic diseases, including obesity, diabetes, insulin resistance, hypertension and dyslipidemia. The book provides explanations, while also distinguishing the delicate role for autophagy in pathogenesis and exploring complications for cardiometabolic diseases.
By targeting autophagy, it offers new avenues for drug discovery and treatment for cardiometabolic anomalies. It is a perfect resource for cardiology researchers, scientists and medical practitioners.
- Explains the processes inherent in the protein quality control for pathogenesis and complications of cardiometabolic diseases
- Provides knowledge from internationally recognized contributors in the field
- Incorporates a translational approach, covering the basic cellular biology of autophagy and presenting the role of autophagy regulation for both pathogenesis and complication in cardiometabolic diseases
- Contains access to a companion website with additional illustrations
- Paperback: 340 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1 edition (May 10, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128052538
- ISBN-13: 978-0128052532