Bailey & Scott’s Diagnostic Microbiology 15th Edition-Original PDF
Amazon Price $137
By Patricia Tille(Author)
Size : 44.51 MB
Perfect your lab skills with the essential text for diagnostic microbiology! Bailey & Scott’s Diagnostic Microbiology, 15th Edition Is known as the #1 bench reference for practicing microbiologists and as the preeminent text for students in clinical laboratory science programs. With hundreds of full-color illustrations and step-by-step methods for procedures, this text provides a solid, basic understanding of diagnostic microbiology and also covers more advanced techniques such as matrix-assisted laser desorption time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Written by noted CLS educator Dr. Patricia Tille, Diagnostic Microbiology has everything you need to get accurate lab test results in class and in clinical practice.
- More than 800 high-quality, full-color illustrations help you visualize concepts.
- Expanded sections on parasitology, mycology, and virology allow you to use just one book, eliminating the need to purchase other microbiology textbooks for these topics.
- Hands-on procedures show exactly what takes place in the lab, including step-by-step methods, photos, and expected results.
- Case studies allow you to apply your knowledge to diagnostic scenarios and to develop critical thinking skills.
- Genera and Species boxes provide handy, at-a-glance summaries at the beginning of each organism chapter.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter provide measurable outcomes to achieve by completing the chapter material.
- A glossary defines terms at the back of the book and on the Evolve companion website.
- New Updated contentincludes infectious disease trends and new illustrations such as culture plate images of real specimens, complex gram stains, lactophenol cotton blue microscopy, and more.
- NEW COVID-19 information has been added.
- UPDATED topics include the Human Microbiome Project, expanded MALDI-TOF applications and molecular diagnostics in conjunction with traditional microbiology, additional streps, and significant news in mycology.
- EXPANDED glossary defines terms on the Evolve companion website.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 15th edition (March 11, 2021)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1184 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323681050
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323681056