Biochemical, Physiological, and Molecular Aspects of Human Nutrition, 4e-Original PDF
By Martha H. Stipanuk PhD(Author), Marie A. Caudill(Author)
Size : 28.15 MB
A scientific look at the biological bases of human nutrition. Covering advanced nutrition with a comprehensive, easy-to-understand approach, Biochemical, Physiological, and Molecular Aspects of Human Nutrition, 4th Edition, focuses on nutrition at the molecular, cellular, tissue, and whole-body levels. Written by Martha Stipanuk, Marie Caudill, and a team of nutrition experts, the text addresses nutrients by classification, and describes macronutrient function from digestion to metabolism. This edition includes the most current recommendations from the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, plus coverage of the historical evolution of nutrition and information on a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and other food components.
- More than 20 expert contributors provide the latest information on all areas of the nutrition sciences.
- Thinking Critically sections within boxes and at the end of chapters help in applying scientific knowledge to “real-life” situations.
- Common Abbreviations for the entire book are listed alphabetically on the inside back cover for easy reference.
- Nutrition Insight boxes discuss hot topics and take a closer look at basic science and everyday nutrition.
- Clinical Correlation boxes show the connection between nutrition-related problems and their effects on normal metabolism.
- Food Sources boxes summarize and simplify data from the USDA National Nutrient Database on the amount and types of foods needed to reach the recommended daily allowances for vitamins and minerals.
- DRIs Across the Life Cycle boxes highlight the latest data from the Institute of Medicine on dietary reference intakes for vitamins and minerals, including coverage of infants, children, adult males and females, and pregnant and lactating women.
- Historical Tidbit boxes provide a historical context to key nutritional findings.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated art program
- helps to clarify complex concepts.
- NEW! Select bolded summary headings enable students to efficiently review information and recognize major messages
- NEW! Content updated throughout incorporates the latest research and findings, including extensively revised coverage of lipids, lipoproteins, cholesterol, fatty acids, and triacylglycerol metabolism.
- NEW! Improved writing style makes the material more concise, direct, and accessible.
- NEW! Additional boxes, tables, and critical thinking questions break up the narrative and reinforce key concepts.
- Paperback: 976 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 4 edition (May 15, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323441815
- ISBN-13: 978-0323441810