Brain Injury Medicine: Board Review-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $125
By Blessen C. Eapen(Author), Blessen C. Eapen MD(Author)David X. Cifu MD(Author),
The only review book currently available in this complex field, Brain Injury Medicine: Board Review focuses on the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and management of individuals with varying severity levels of brain injury. Focused, high-yield content prepares you for success on exams and in practice, with up-to-date coverage of traumatic brain injury (TBI), stroke, CNS neoplasms, anoxic brain injury, and other brain disorders. This unique review tool is ideal for residents, fellows, and practitioners studying or working in the field and preparing to take the brain injury medicine exam.
- Supports self-assessment and review with 200 board-style questions and explanations.
- Covers the information you need to know on traumatic brain injury by severity and pattern, neurologic disorders, systemic manifestations, rehabilitation problems and outcomes, and basic science.
- Includes questions on patient management including patient evaluation and diagnosis, prognosis/risk factors, and applied science.
- Discusses key topics such as neurodegeneration and dementia; proteomic, genetic, and epigenetic biomarkers in TBI; neuromodulation and neuroprosthetics; and assistive technology.
- Reviews must-know procedures including acute emergency management and critical care; post-concussion syndrome assessment, management and treatment; diagnostic procedures and electrophysiology; neuroimaging, and brain death criteria.
- Ensures efficient, effective review with content written by experts in physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, and psychiatry and a format that mirrors the board exam outline.
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 1 edition (September 14, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323653855
- ISBN-13: 978-0323653855