Post Views: 0
Cancer and its Management 6th edition
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Publication Date: February 1, 2010
Now in its sixth edition, this highly-regarded book is designed as an introductory text on the principles of diagnosis, staging and treatment of tumours. The new edition:
- Includes up-to-date information on the most recent techniques and therapies available
- Emphasises the importance of multidisciplinary teamwork in the care of cancer patients
- Highlights frequent dilemmas and difficulties encountered during cancer management
- Features the important contributions of a new author Professor Daniel Hochhauser
- Contains a brand-new two-colour design
As with previous editions, the first part of the book is devoted to the mechanisms of tumour development and cancer treatment. This is followed by a systematic account of the current management of individual major cancers. For each tumour there are details of the pathology, mode of spread, clinical presentation, staging and treatment with radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
This accessible and practical resource will be invaluable to trainees in oncology, palliative care and general medicine, as well as specialist nurses, general practitioners, medical students, and professions allied to medicine.