Children with Hearing Loss: Developing Listening and Talking, Birth to Six, Fourth Edition-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $89
By Elizabeth B. Cole(Author), Carol A. Flexer(Author)
Size : 35.74 MB
The fourth edition of Children With Hearing Loss: Developing Listening and Talking, Birth to Six is a dynamic compilation of important information for the facilitation of spoken language for infants and young children with hearing loss. This fourth edition covers current and up-to-date information about auditory brain development, listening scenarios, auditory technologies, spoken language development, and intervention for young children with hearing loss whose parents have chosen to have them learn to listen and talk.
The book is divided into two parts. Part I, Audiological and Technological Foundations of Auditory Brain Development, consists of the first five chapters that lay the foundation for brain-based listening and talking. These chapters include neurological development and discussions of ear anatomy and physiology, pathologies that cause hearing loss, audiologic testing of infants and children, and the latest in amplification technologies. Part II, Developmental, Family-Focused Instruction for Listening and Spoken Language Enrichment, includes the second five chapters on intervention: listening, talking, and communicating through the utilization of a developmental and preventative model that focuses on enriching the child s auditory brain centers.<a name=”_Hlk2344360″>
New to the Fourth Edition
- All technology information has been updated as has information about neurophysiology.
- The reference list is exhaustive with the addition of the newest studies while maintaining seminal works about neurophysiology, technology, and listening and spoken language development.
- New artwork throughout the book illustrates key concepts of family-focused listening and spoken language intervention.
- A PluralPlus companion website with PowerPoint lecture slides for each chapter, plus relevant resource materials.
This text is intended for undergraduate and graduate-level training programs for professionals who work with children who have hearing loss and their families. This fourth edition is also directly relevant for parents, Listening and Spoken Language Specialists (LSLS Cert. AVT and LSLS Cert. AVEd), speech-language pathologists, audiologists, early childhood instructors, and teachers. In addition, much of the information in Chapters 1 through 5, and also Chapter 7 can be helpful to individuals of all ages who experience hearing loss, especially to newly diagnosed adults, as a practical owner s manual.
- Paperback: 450 pages
- Publisher: Plural Publishing, Inc.; 4 edition (July 22, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1635501547
- ISBN-13: 978-1635501544