Post Views: 0
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Tinnitus-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $99
By Eldré W. Beukes(Author), Gerhard Andersson(Author), Vinaya Manchaiah(Author), Viktor Kaldo(Author)
For many individuals afflicted with tinnitus, the condition causes substantial distress. While there is no known cure for tinnitus, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can offer an effective strategy for managing the symptoms and side effects of chronic tinnitus. Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Tinnitus is the first book to provide comprehensive CBT counseling materials specifically developed for the management of tinnitus.
This valuable professional book has two primary purposes: to provide clinical guidelines for audiologists who are offering CBT-based counseling for tinnitus and self-help materials for individuals with tinnitus. In addition, these materials may be of interest to researchers developing evidence-based therapies for tinnitus.
The book is structured into three sections. Section A provides background information about the theoretical aspects of CBT and some practical tips on how to use this book. Section B provides the CBT counseling, or self-help, materials, which can be used by both audiologists and tinnitus sufferers. Finally, Section C provides some supplementary materials for clinicians that can aid monitoring and engagement of tinnitus suffers during the course of intervention.
- The CBT materials contained in this text have been tested in numerous clinical trials across the globe (Australia, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States) both as self-help book chapters and self-help materials delivered via the Internet.
- The counseling materials are presented at minimum reading grade level (U.S. 6th grade level) to maximize reader engagement.
- The authors of this book have extensive experience in the management of tinnitus, offering useful insights for clinicians and tinnitus sufferers.
- Access to a PluralPlus companion website with various ancillaries such as expert advice videos for each chapter to facilitate its adoption to clinical practice.
- Item Weight : 1.45 pounds
- Paperback : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1635502993
- ISBN-13 : 978-1635502992
- Dimensions : 8.25 x 0.5 x 10.75 inches
- Publisher : Plural Publishing, Inc.; 1st edition (October 26, 2020)
- Language: : English