• Postgraduate Child and Adolescent Health Students
• Postgraduate community-based Nursing
• Bachelor of Midwifery Students
• Bachelor of Public Health Students
Community Health & Wellness: Primary health care in practice, 5th Edition represents contemporary thinking and research in community health and wellness from Australia, New Zealand and the global community.
It challenges students and health professionals to become more aware of the primary health care (PHC) environments in which they work in order to gain an understanding of what is socially determining the health of the individuals, families and communities within their care.
• Provides a focus on primary health care practice in Australia and New Zealand
• Research and evidence-based practice throughout each chapter
• Group exercises that can be used in practice or tutorial groups
• Reflective questions to challenge the understanding of key principles and practice
• Additional resources for lecturers via Evolve.
• Two new chapters:
Chapter 3 Assessing the Community
Chapter 6 Working in groups
• The SDH Assessment Circle – a new model for community assessment
• Stronger emphasis on working with migrant and refugee families
• A new continuous case study – the Mason and Smith families; both fly-in fly-out (FIFO) families.