Cross-Cultural Psychology: Contemporary Themes and Perspectives 2nd Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $43
By Kenneth D. Keith(Editor)
Size : 6.88 MB
Explains and explores the important areas of psychology through a cultural perspective
This book addresses key areas of psychology, placing them in cultural perspective via a comprehensive overview of current work integrating culture across the major subfields of psychological science. Chapters explore the relation of culture to psychological phenomena, starting with introductory and research foundations, and moving to clinical and social principles and applications. It covers the subfields that are of most importance to undergraduates and beginning graduates, such as consciousness, development, cognition, intelligence, personality, research methods, statistics, gender, personality, health, and well-being.
Cross-Cultural Psychology: Contemporary Themes and Perspectives, 2nd Edition is richly documented with research findings and examples from many cultures, illuminating the strengths and limitations of North American psychology, while also highlighting the diversity and vitality of this fascinating field. The book offers many new chapters, in addition to fully updated ones from the previous edition. Starting with basic concepts in the subject, the book offers chapters covering ethnocentrism, diversity, evolutionary psychology, and development across cultures. It also examines education, dreams, language and communication issues, sex roles, happiness, attractiveness, and more.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of current work integrating culture across major subfields of psychological science
- Offers introductory chapters on topics such as cultural psychology and ethnocentrism, which provide a foundation for more specialized chapters in development, education, cognition, and beyond
- Features new chapters in areas such as cultural competence, culture and dreams, education across cultures, abnormality across cultures, and evolutionary psychology
- Presents chapters by some of the leading contributors to the fields of cultural and cross- cultural psychology
Cross-Cultural Psychology: Contemporary Themes and Perspectives, 2nd Edition is an ideal book for undergraduate and graduate courses in cultural or cross-cultural psychology.
- Paperback: 752 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 2 edition (July 18, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119438403
- ISBN-13: 978-1119438403