Cytopathology of the Head and Neck: Ultrasound Guided FNAC, 2nd edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $119
Working practices for Head and Neck (HN) diagnostic and clinical teams have changed dramatically over the past 15 years with highlighted importance on specialist Multidisciplinary Teams (MDT) including radiologists and cytopathologists. To achieve high levels of diagnostic accuracy in this modern working environment, special training and commitment to cytopathology are required in addition to histopathology.
Cytopathology of the Head and Neck: Ultrasound guided FNAC supports the learning of new skills expected of practicing pathologists by providing a comprehensive approach to cytopathology, including performing FNAC and on site interpretation. New to this edition is coverage of ultrasound (US) guidance the use of which has emerged as an essential adjunct to either Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) or needle core biopsy, and is expected to increase. US combined with US guided FNAC is now recommended as the investigation method of first choice for HN lesions for evaluating regional metastases in HN patients, for both those with and those without palpable lumps.
This second edition also includes:
- Companion website containing ultrasound case histories which detail imaging findings, list differential diagnosis and suggest further investigations compiled by Dr Simon Morley
- Expanded coverage of clinical images of head and neck masses
- Clear presentation of FNAC diagnostic features with images
- Clinical management algorithms
- Examples of diagnostic of pitfalls and complications in FNAC
This timely book fills the training gap required for pathologists and offers a team approach to head and neck lesions, with valuable input from radiologists, ENT (ear, nose, and throat) surgeons, oncologists, and medico-legal experts. This new edition reflects the emergent multidisciplinary approach to head and neck practice.
- Hardcover: 216 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 2 edition (April 24, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118076028
- ISBN-13: 978-1118076026