Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics 5th Edition -Original PDF
Buy Premium Membership Or use your points
Amazon Price $200.99 | By Heidi M Feldman MD PhD (Editor), Nathan J Blum MD (Editor), Ellen Roy Elias MD (Editor), Manuel Jimenez MD MS FAAP (Editor), Terry Stancin PhD (Editor)
Addressing the major advances in biomedical, psychological, social, and environmental sciences over the past decade, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, 5th Edition, remains the reference of choice for professionals in a wide range of fields, including medicine and health care, education, social service, advocacy, and public policy. This foundational, pioneering resource emphasizes children’s assets and liabilities, not just categorical labels. Comprehensive in scope, it offers information and guidance on normal development and behavior, psychosocial, and biologic influences on development, developmental disorders, neurodevelopmental disabilities, and mental health conditions. It also discusses tools and strategies for diagnosis and management, including new assessments that can be used in telehealth encounters.
- Offers a highly practical focus, emphasizing clinical approaches to evaluation, counseling, treatment, and ongoing care.
- Provides new or expanded information on theoretical foundations of human development and behavior; trauma, adverse childhood events, and resilience across the life span; mechanisms of genetic, epigenetic, and neurological conditions; and principles of psychological assessment, including a broad array of evaluation approaches.
- Discusses management and treatment for developmental and behavioral conditions, spanning common factors, cognitive behavior therapies, rehabilitative services, integrative medicine, and psychopharmacology.
- Contains up-to-date chapters on celebrating socio-cultural diversity and addressing racism and bias, acute stress and post-traumatic stress disorder in youth, sexuality and variation, and alternatives to restrictive guardianship.
- Begins each chapter with a colorful vignette that demonstrates the importance of the human dimensions of developmental-behavioral pediatrics.
- Offers viewpoints from an interdisciplinary team of editors and contributors, representing developmental-behavioral pediatrics, general pediatrics, psychiatry, psychology, occupational and physical therapy, speech-language pathology, and law.
- Provides the latest drug information in the updated and revised chapters on psychopharmacology.
- Includes key points boxes, tables, pictures, and diagrams to clarify and enhance the text.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Publisher : Elsevier; 5th edition (December 16, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1192 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323809723
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323809726