Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: Screening for Referral, 5e
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Catherine C. Goodman MBA PT CBP (Author), Teresa Kelly Snyder MN RN OCN CS (Author)
Following the standards for competency established by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) related to conducting a screening examination,Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists, 5th Edition gives you a consistent way to screen for systemic diseases and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems. This comprehensive text centers on a 5-step screening model that covers past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms for each client.
- 5-Step screening model for differential diagnosis includes past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms.
- Systems-based approach to the physical therapy screening interview provides a consistent way to screen for systemic disease and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems.
- Three sections of content present material in a logical way that covers:
- An introduction to the screening process
- Viscerogenic causes of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- System origins of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- NEW! Full-color design, photos, and illustrations clearly demonstrate pathologies and processes.
- NEW and UPDATED! Evolve resources include printable screening tools and checklists, practice test questions, and more to enhance your learning.
- NEW! Hot topics keep you informed on rehabbing patients in the dawn or more current surgeries.
- Series: Differential Diagnosis In Physical Therapy
- Paperback: 816 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 5 edition (January 31, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437725430
- ISBN-13: 9781437725438