Emery and Rimoin’s Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics and Genomics: Foundations 7th Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $125
By Reed E. Pyeritz M.D. Ph.D. FACP FACMG(Editor), Bruce R. Korf MD PhD(Editor), Wayne W. Grody(Editor)
Size : 8.41 MB
For decades, Emery and Rimoin’s Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics and Genomics has served as the ultimate resource for clinicians integrating genetics into medical practice. With detailed coverage in contributions from over 250 of the world’s most trusted authorities in medical genetics and a series of 11 volumes available for individual sale, the Seventh Edition of this classic reference includes the latest information on seminal topics such as prenatal diagnosis, genome and exome sequencing, public health genetics, genetic counseling, and management and treatment strategies to complete its coverage of this growing field for medical students, residents, physicians, and researchers involved in the care of patients with genetic conditions. This comprehensive yet practical resource emphasizes theory and research fundamentals related to applications of medical genetics across the full spectrum of inherited disorders and applications to medicine more broadly.
This volume, Foundations, summarizes basic theories, concepts, research areas, and the history of medical genetics, providing a contextual framework for integrating genetics into medical practice. In this new edition, clinically oriented information is supported by full-color images and expanded sections on the foundations of genetic analytics, next generation sequencing, and therapeutics.
With regular advances in genomic technologies propelling precision medicine into the clinic, Emery and Rimoin’s Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics and Genomics: Seventh Edition bridges the gap between high-level molecular genetics and practical application and serves as an invaluable clinical tool for the health professionals and researchers.
- Introduces genetic researchers, students, and health professionals to basic theories, concepts, research areas, and the history of medical genetics, offering a contextual framework for integrating genetics into medical practice
- Completely revised and up-to-date, this new edition highlights traditional approaches and new developments in the field of medical genetics, including cancer genetics, genomic technologies, genome and exome sequencing, prenatal diagnosis, public health genetics, genetic counseling, and single-cell analysis for diagnosis
- Includes color images supporting identification, concept illustration, and method processing
- Features contributions by leading international researchers and practitioners of medical genetics
- Hardcover: 572 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 7 edition (December 14, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128125373
- ISBN-13: 978-0128125373