Essential Neuromodulation – ORIGINAL PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Price $122.89 (Amazon)
by Jeffrey E. Arle (Editor), Jay L. Shils (Editor)
Neuromodulation is an emerging field that explores the use of electrical, chemical, and mechanical interventions to heal neurological deficits. Such neurostimulation has already shown great promise with disorders and diseases such as chronic pain, epilepsy, and Parkinson’s disease. This is the first concise reference covering all of the basic principles of neuromodulation in a single affordable volume for neuro-residents, fellows, and basic clinical practitioners, edited by two prominent clinical experts in the field.
This volume emphasizes essential observations from all of the important clinical phases involved in any neuromodulation: targeting, intraoperative assessment, programming, complications, and complication avoidance. There are commonalities to all neuromodulation procedures that must be brought to the forefront to form a cohesive presentation of neuromodulation, and such emphasis will give readers a more solid grounding in the fundamentals needed to embrace this field as a cohesive clinical entity.
- Chapters offer point-counterpoint commentary for varied perspectives
- Appendix distills current guidelines in easy, accessible format
- Chapters follow story of patient care, effectively emphasizing general principles with supporting examples
- Offers outstanding scholarship, with over 20% of chapters involving international contributors
- Hardcover: 504 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1 edition (June 23, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 012381409X
- ISBN-13: 9780123814098