Essentials of Radiology: Common Indications and Interpretation-Original PDF
Amazon Price $79
Size : 75.32 MB
Ideal for radiology residents and medical students, as well as anyone who reads or orders radiology imaging studies, this user-friendly reference covers the basics of how to approach, read, and interpret radiological images. Using concise, step-by-step explanations and an enjoyable writing style, expert radiologist Dr. Fred A Mettler, Jr., walks you through a sequential thought process for all common indications for radiologic studies and their interpretation. Featuring thorough updates from cover to cover, this resource covers the fundamental information you need to know, as well as recent advances in the field.
- Covers which modalities to use for common suspected problems, the benefits and limitations of each modality, potential complications, clinical findings, and interpretation tips to facilitate decision-making and treatment.
- Includes normal images and common variants in primary care practice and life-threatening abnormalities for quick identification and referral – all highlighted with over 1,000 radiographic images, many in comparative panels of normal, abnormal, or correlative findings.
- Features new information throughout: more than 100 new American College of Radiology Appropriateness Criteria variants, digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT), PET/CT, new screening guidelines for colon, breast, prostate and lung cancer, new quality and safety standards, and patient and inter-professional communication.
- Incorporates today’s greater use of intermediate and advanced imaging technology, including CT, MR, and PET/CT, in addition to an emphasis on the most often-used imaging modalities such as ultrasound and plain film.
- Addresses core content of human anatomy and function/dysfunction as it relates to modern imaging.
- Features comprehensive tables of imaging indications for common problems across all body systems for quick reference.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 4 edition (September 19, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323508871
- ISBN-13: 978-0323508872