Evidence-Based Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice 6th Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $68
By Marie Boltz PhD RN GNP-BC FGSA FAAN(Editor), Elizabeth Capezuti PhD RN FAAN(Editor), DeAnne Zwicker DrNP APRN BC(Editor), Terry T. Fulmer PhD RN FAAN(Editor)
Size : 6.69 MB
Note to Readers: Publisher does not guarantee quality or access to any included digital components if book is purchased through a third-party seller.
AJN Book of the Year 2016 First-Place Winner in Gerontological Nursing!
“The evidence-based protocols are designed as a primary reference and are useful, substantive, and timely….The broader contributions of useful format and succinct review of the evidence make it likely that this text will continue to be the leading resource in nursing education and practice.”
“As a gerontological clinical educator/research nurse, I will often use this as a reference. The format and the content are good, and the explanations of how to best use the evidence simplify the process of sifting through mountains of information to figure the best practice.”
The newest edition of this distinguished reference in geriatric nursing delivers updated guidelines, new illustrative case studies, and the latest evidence-based protocols developed by leading researchers, educators, and practitioners in each topic area. The sixth edition includes new approaches devoted to supporting LGBTQ+ elders, persons living with dementia and their families, and older adults living with HIV. New operational strategies provide guidance in using the electronic health record, implementing improved person-centered care approaches, and maintaining age-friendly atmospheres.
Using evidence derived from all levels of care, this text offers developed guidelines for improving both quality and outcomes when caring for older adults in multiple disciplines, including interprofessional team members, long-term care and other staff educators, social workers, dietitians, and physicians. Chapters provide assessment and management principles, clinical interventions, specialty practice, and models of care. They consistently feature chapter objectives, annotated references, evidence ratings for each protocol, and resources for further investigation. Each protocol is embedded within the chapter content to provide context and detailed evidence. The protocols consistently include an overview, evidence-based assessment, intervention strategies, and a supporting case study with discussion. PowerPoint presentations and a test bank are available as instructor’s resources.
- Informational Technology: Embedding CPGs
- Organizational Approaches to Promote Person-Centered Care
- Environmental Approaches to Support Aging-Friendly Care
- HIV Prevention and Care for the Older Adult
- LGBTQ+ Perspectives
- Best practices for in-patient, in-home, and long-term care settings
- Case studies with discussions in each chapter to illustrate application of clinical practice and related Nursing Standard of Practice Protocol
- The AGREE systematic method was used to evaluate each protocol and validate this book’s content
- Instructor’s resources including PowerPoints and a Test Bank
- Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices and computers
- Paperback: 920 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 6 edition (March 27, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826188141
- ISBN-13: 978-0826188144