Examination of the Newborn: A Practical Guide 3rd edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $47
Newborn babies are examined at around 6 to 72 hours after their birth to rule out major congenital abnormalities and reassure the parents that their baby is healthy. This practical text is a step-by-step guide for all practitioners who undertake this clinical examination. It is particularly valuable for midwives and nurses undertaking Examination of the Newborn modules as well as a useful reference work for those already performing this role. It provides midwives and other practitioners involved in neonatal examination with a comprehensive guide to the holistic examination of the newborn infant.
Examination of the Newborn encourages the reader to view each mother and baby as unique, taking into account their experiences preconceptually, antenatally and through childbirth. The text covers:
• the role of the first examination as a screening tool;
• normal fetal development;
• parents’ concerns and how to respond to them;
• the impact of antenatal diagnostic screening;
• the events of labour and birth;
• the clinical examination of the neonate;
• the identification and management of congenital abnormalities;
• accountability and legal issues.
This new edition is thoroughly revised throughout to meet current Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), General Medical Council (GMC) and National Screening Committee standards. It reflects the new standards and key performance indicators (KPIs) from Public Health England (2016b). Case scenarios, model answers, questions and further reading help the reader to apply the content to their own practice.
- Paperback: 266 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 3 edition (January 28, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1138691402
- ISBN-13: 978-1138691407