Field Guide to Wilderness Medicine 5th Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $36
Size : 32.98 MB
Based on Dr. Auerbach’s renowned Wilderness Medicine text, Field Guide to Wilderness Medicine, 5th Edition, is your portable, authoritative guide to the full range of medical and emergency situations that occur in non-traditional settings. Useful for experienced physicians as well as advanced practice providers, this unique medical guide covers an indispensable range of topics in a well-illustrated, highly condensed format – in print or on any mobile device – for quick access anytime, anywhere.
- An easy-access presentation ensures rapid retrieval and comprehension of wilderness medical information, with “Signs and Symptoms” and “Treatment” sections, bulleted lists, and quick-reference text boxes in every chapter.
- All chapters are thoroughly up to date, including new information on travel medicine, medications, immunizations, and field treatment of common conditions.
- Step-by-step explanations from wilderness medicine experts cover the clinical presentation and treatment of a full range of wilderness emergencies and show you how to improvise with available materials.
- Comprehensive coverage includes dive medicine and water-related emergencies, mountain medicine and wilderness survival, global humanitarian relief and disaster medicine, high-altitude medicine, pain management, and much more.
- Line drawings and color plates help you quickly an accurately identify skin manifestations, plants, poisonous mushrooms, snakes, insects, and more.
- Useful appendices address everything from environment-specific situations to lists of essential supplies, medicines, and many additional topics of care.
- Paperback: 1040 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 5 edition (February 15, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323597556
- ISBN-13: 978-0323597555