Forensic and Clinical Forensic Autopsy: An Atlas and Handbook 2nd Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $189
By Cristoforo Pomara (Editor), Vittorio Fineschi (Editor)
Forensic and Clinical Forensic Autopsy: An Atlas and Handbook, Second Edition, provides a step-by-step, photo-assisted guide illustrating the complete autopsy, from pre- through post-autopsy procedures.
All too often, forensic pathologists perform autopsies that are limited only to the body parts that are suspected, leading to biased and inaccurate results. A correct diagnosis for cause of death can only be reached by a strict and systematic examination of the whole body. The chapters of this book look at external cadaver examiner, organ removal methods, laboratory procedures, including recording and imaging techniques, microscopy applications, pediatric and fetal autopsies, and checking for genetic disease and DNA diagnosis. New chapters and sections to this edition cover histology and immunohistochemistry, in addition to the added coverage on forensic anthropology and molecular autopsy.
- Includes new coverage of histology, immunohistochemistry, forensic anthropology, and molecular autopsy.
- Provides numerous case studies outlining the real-world best practice with over 550 full-color, detailed photographs illustrating concepts
- Presents clear, step-by-step processes for completing autopsies consistently and systematically.
- Details laboratory procedures, Forensic Applications of Microscopy, and new imaging techniques relative to standardized pre- and post-autopsy procedures.
- Utilizes a series of forensic case studies to demonstrate each technique described and the approach used.
From macroscopic to microscopic approaches, Forensic and Clinical Forensic Autopsy, Second Edition, provides detailed guidelines for performance of autopsy on every part of the human body. Using these standardized protocols with the proper knowledge, training, and experience, pathologists – and students of pathology and forensic pathology – can rely on this book to help them develop the skills needed to become experts in their field.
- Item Weight : 1 pounds
- Hardcover : 228 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0367330717
- ISBN-13 : 978-0367330712
- Publisher : CRC Press; 2nd edition (December 22, 2020)
- Language: : English