Functional Neurosurgery: The Essentials-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $105
By Jeffrey A. Brown(Author), Julie G. Pilitsis(Author), Michael Schulder(Author)
Size : 13.81 MB
Functional neurosurgery resource features state-of-the-art approaches from renowned experts!
For patients with inadequately treated epilepsy, tremor, dystonia, spasticity, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, functional neurosurgery offers hope. Functional Neurosurgery: The Essentials is a reader-friendly introduction to this fascinating and rapidly evolving field. The text is edited by internationally prominent functional neurosurgeons Jeffrey A. Brown, Julie G. Pilitsis, and Michael Schulder. It features contributions from authors with expertise spanning the disciplines of neurosurgery, neurology, rehabilitation and physical medicine, neurophysiology, bioengineering, psychiatry and ophthalmology.
Opening with a brief history of stereotaxy/functional neurosurgery and brain stereotactic frames, 41 concise and coherent chapters explore cutting-edge approaches to a broad range of functionally treatable conditions. The chapters yield a solid foundation of understanding of the field, with insightful commentary, pearls, and nuances from the editors. The starting question in the neuroprosthetics chapter, “Can a computer infer human intention or perception?” brings to life the exciting, inquisitive, and pioneering spirit of this subspecialty. The robust reference list provides a guide to deeper study that should continue throughout training and practice.
- Imaging: MRI and CT for stereotactic neurosurgery, fMRI and resting state MRI
- Movement disorders: A comparative analysis of the risks and benefits of deep brain stimulation versus lesioning
- Epilepsy: Temporal lobectomy and extra-temporal surgery; invasive monitoring, neuromodulation, laser interstitial thermal therapy, and vagus nerve stimulation
- Dystonia: Etiology to diagnosis, medical and surgical options
- Future innovations: Exoskeletons, intention controlled, and visual neuroprosthetics
The text is a fundamental resource for neurosurgical residents during their functional neurosurgery rotations and for general neurosurgeons and functional subspecialists on procedures they may not routinely perform in clinical practice.
- Hardcover: 168 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (September 15, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626237743
- ISBN-13: 978-1626237742