Gerontechnology: Research, Practice, and Principles in the Field of Technology and Aging 2nd Edition-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $90
Two mega-trends of modern culture, the rapid aging of the population and the inexorable advances in technology, have fueled the development of gerontechnology―the use of technology to sustain individual autonomy to an advanced age. This expansive book encompasses state-of-the-art research in gerontechnology and promising new technologies, products, and services that can improve activities of daily living, general health, and well-being of older individuals. It addresses current and future applications in such crucial areas as mobility and transportation, assistive devices, smart homes for senior citizens, in-home technologies, safety and privacy, and research and development highlighting―among others―design.
Topics include, but are not limited to, virtual environments as a research tool, sensation, perception, and cognition research advancements, novel accessibility challenges to information and communication technology, as well as the evolving characteristics of the elderly. These are among the welcome developments addressed in the book. Contributors from around the globe, including the UK, Germany, Japan, Canada, The Netherlands, Korea, the United States, and more, bring unprecedented cross-cultural insight to the intersections of aging phenomena and technology.
- Disseminates empirically proven findings and evidence-based theories, models, and concepts
- Written by world-recognized leaders in the field of technology and aging
- Reflects the global usage of gerontechnological applications
- Includes new technologies, research, and applications for virtual environments, smart homes, assistive technology care, and robotics
- Discusses computer-assisted social engagement, technology-facilitated caregiving, business case examples, and more
- Paperback: 600 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 2 edition (September 15, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826128882
- ISBN-13: 9780826128881