Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 5e
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Karin C. VanMeter PhD (Author), Robert J Hubert BS (Author)
A concise, easy-to-understand introduction to the fundamentals, Gould’s Pathophysiology for the Health Professions, 5th Edition helps you learn essential concepts of major diseases/disorders and disease processes. Continuing in its well-known tradition of readability and vivid, full-color illustrations, the text is updated with the latest research and trends in human disease. Disorders are described by body system, with coverage of the interactions between systems, and special features help you apply the material to real-life situations. No matter which healthcare field you may enter, Gould’s Pathophysiology prepares you for the conditions encountered in clinical practice.
- Concise and readable approach includes the information you need without being overwhelming, even if you have a limited scientific background.
- Unique Think About questions alert you to important points and help with self-evaluation, test preparation, and review.
- Warning Signs boxes help you identify the pre-emptive signs of physiologic events such as strokes.
- Emergency Treatment boxes give step-by-step instructions to follow for emergencies such as shock, cardiac arrest, and pneumothorax.
- Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to use what you’ve learned to predict What can go wrong with this structure or system?
- Ready References in the appendix provide a quick lookup for anatomic terms, conversion tables, abbreviations and acronyms, diagnostic studies and tests, and more.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and defined within the text, covering the scientific terminology you need to know.
- Research boxes discuss new developments, problem areas of pathophysiology, and complications associated with research.
- Learning objectives and bulleted chapter summaries help you focus on key concepts and information.
- NEW Defense/Protective Mechanisms section consolidates coverage of inflammation and healing, infection, and immunity.
- UPDATED chapters are reorganized with a building-block method that presents content in a more logical and systematic approach.
- UPDATED format for individual disorders includes 1) background, 2) pathophysiology, 3) etiology, 4) signs and symptoms, 5) diagnoses, 6) possible related complications/disorders, and 7) treatments/research.
- NEW! Pathophysiology of Body Systems chapters begin with a brief review of normal anatomy and physiology and show the interrelatedness and the interactions between systems.
- NEW authors bring a fresh and contemporary approach to the content while keeping true to the integrity of Barbara Gould’s original text.
- Paperback: 720 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 5 edition (January 1, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455754110
- ISBN-13: 9781455754113