Haematology: An Illustrated Colour Text, 4e
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Martin R. Howard MBChB MD FRCP FRCPath (Author), Peter J Hamilton MA BA BCh FRCP FRCPath (Author)
This textbook on haematology in the Illustrated Colour Text series is suitable for medical students, junior doctors and others needing a concise and practical introduction to the subject.
- Concise and manageable coverage of the major blood diseases and their treatment.
- Does not overload the reader with science, unlike some competing books.
- Focus is on the haematology patient and on the practical aspects of the subject.
- Makes use of the attractive features of the ICT series – double page spreads, lots of colour illustrations, summary boxes.
- Updating to take account of recenty developments in stem cell biology.
- Increased emphasis on genomic and proteomic techniques in the diagnosis of haematological malignancy.
- Use of new imaging techniques including MRI and PET.
- Description of advances in treatment of leukaemia and lymphoma and in diagnosis and management of patients with thrombophilia and venous thrombosis.
- Development of new antimicrobial agents in management of immunosuppressed patients with infection.
- New double page spread on palliative care of patients with blood disorders.
- New illustrations.
- Series: Illustrated Colour Text
- Paperback: 133 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 4 edition (July 16, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 070205139X
- ISBN-13: 9780702051395