Handbook of Algal Technologies and Phytochemicals: Volume II Phycoremediation, Biofuels and Global Biomass Production (Volume 2)-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $129
By Gokare A. Ravishankar(Editor), Ranga Rao Ambati(Editor)
Size : 23.73 MB
- The most comprehensive resource available on the biodiversity of algal species, their industrial production processes and their use for human consumption in food, health and varied applications.
- Emphasis on basic and applied research, addressing aspects of scale-up for commercial exploitation for the development of novel phytochemicals (phytochemicals from algae).
- Addresses the underexplored and underutilized potential of chemicals from marine sources for health benefits.
- Each chapter, written by expert contributors from around the world, includes a Dictionary of Terms, Key Facts, Summary Points, Figures and Tables, as well as up-to-date references.
The second book in this two-volume set explores phycoremedation applications, and the sustainable use of algae for biofuels and other products of economic value. It also looks at aspects such as macro- and micro algal impact on marine ecosystem and remote sensing of algal blooms. The commercial value of chemicals of value to food and health is about $6 billion annually, of which 30 percent relates to micro and macro algal metabolites and products for health food applications. As a whole, the two volumes explore the aspects of diversity of micro and macro algal forms, their traditional uses; their constituents which are of value for food, feed, specialty chemicals, bioactive compounds for novel applications, and bioenergy molecules. Bio-business and the market share of algae-based products are also dealt with, providing global perspectives.
- Hardcover: 317 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 1 edition (August 2, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0367178192
- ISBN-13: 978-0367178192