Handbook of Forensic Toxicology for Medical Examiners 2nd Edition(Practical Aspects of Criminal and Forensic Investigations)-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $211
Size : 3.18 MB
Forensic professionals, particularly medical examiners―often working through heavy caseloads―require quick and easy access to reliable sources of information to help interpret toxicology results. While several in-depth resources are available, they are often large, cumbersome, and contain more information than is often needed.
The Handbook of Forensic Toxicology for Medical Examiners is a concise handbook referencing the most common toxic substances and their reported non-toxic, toxic, and lethal concentrations, making it an ideal text for quick reference in the lab or autopsy room.
Features of the Second Edition:
- Explains the principles of postmortem toxicology and the factors which must be considered
- Provides tables of toxicologic data for over 200 commonly encountered substances, including drugs of abuse, poisons, prescription drugs, and over-the-counter medications
- Includes discussion and description of the novel psychoactive drugs―including synthetic opioids, cannabinoids, stimulants and hallucinogens
- Supplemental appendices provide additional information regarding specimen types and selection, testing methodologies, normal laboratory values, and conversion charts
The busy forensic professional needs a concise handbook that provides critical information quickly and accurately. This heavily referenced text offers an easy-to-use format allowing for rapid access for both routine daily use and preparation for courtroom testimony.
- Series: Practical Aspects of Criminal and Forensic Investigations
- Hardcover: 270 pages
- Publisher: CRC Press; 2 edition (August 2, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0815365810
- ISBN-13: 978-0815365815