Hormones, Brain and Behavior, 3rd Edition – Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $2,395.00
by Donald W Pfaff (Editor), Marian Joels (Editor)
Hormones, Brain and Behavior, Third Edition offers a state-of-the-art overview of hormonally-mediated behaviors, including an extensive discussion of the effects of hormones on insects, fish, amphibians, birds, rodents, and humans. Entries have been carefully designed to provide a valuable source of information for students and researchers in neuroendocrinology and those working in related areas, such as biology, psychology, psychiatry, and neurology.
This third edition has been substantially restructured to include both foundational information and recent developments in the field. Continuing the emphasis on interdisciplinary research and practical applications, the book includes articles aligned in five main subject sections, with new chapters included on genetic and genomic techniques and clinical investigations.
This reference provides unique treatment of all major vertebrate and invertebrate model systems with excellent opportunities for relating behavior to molecular genetics. The topics cover an unusual breadth (from molecules to ecophysiology), ranging from basic science to clinical research, making this reference of interest to a broad range of scientists in a variety of fields.
- Comprehensive and updated coverage of a rapidly growing field of research
- Unique treatment of all major vertebrate and invertebrate model systems with excellent opportunities for relating behavior to molecular genetics
- Covers an unusual breadth of topics and subject fields, ranging from molecules to ecophysiology, and from basic science to clinical research
- Ideal resource for interdisciplinary learning and understanding in the fields of hormones and behavior
- Hardcover: 2491 pages
- Publisher: Academic Press; 3 edition (December 5, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0128035927
- ISBN-13: 978-0128035924