Human Health Benefits of Plant Bioactive Compounds: Potentials and Prospects (Innovations in Plant Science for Better Health)-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $159
By Megh R. Goyal(Editor), Rasul Suleria, Hafiz Ansar(Editor)
Size : 5.25 MB
Focusing on the importance of functional foods and their secondary metabolites for human health, this volume presents new insights with scientific evidence on the use of functional foods in the treatment of certain diseases. The plants covered and their bioactive compounds are easily accessible and are believed to be effective with fewer side effects in comparison with modern drugs in the treatment of different diseases. The plants contain chemical compounds that can modify and modulate biological systems, eliciting therapeutic effects. Some plants and derived products mentioned include black carrot, olive oil, citrus peel, grapes, candy leaf, cereals and grains, and green and black tea.
The volume is divided into four sections that cover these topics:
- Functional foods for human health: the available sources, biochemistry, structural composition, and different biological activities, especially antioxidant activity.
- Pharmacological aspects of fruits and vegetables: the extraction of bioactive molecules, phytochemistry, and biological activities of a selection of plants.
- Pharmacological aspects of natural products: bioactive compounds, structural attributes, bioactivity of anthocyanin, piceatannol, and a review of the ethnobotany and medicinal properties of green and black tea.
- Pharmacological aspects of cereals and grains: the health benefits of flaxseed, wheatgrass juice, and use and therapeutic potential as supplements for disease management.
- Series: Innovations in Plant Science for Better Health
- Hardcover: 392 pages
- Publisher: Apple Academic Press; 1 edition (August 13, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1771887397
- ISBN-13: 978-1771887397