Hunter’s Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Diseases 10th Edition-Original PDF
Amazon Price $199
By Edward T Ryan (Author), David R Hill MD DTM&H FRCP FFTM FASTM (Author), Tom Solomon (Author), Timothy P Endy (Author), Naomi Aronson (Author)
Size : 114.78 MB
New emerging diseases, new diagnostic modalities for resource-poor settings, new vaccine schedules … all significant, recent developments in the fast-changing field of tropical medicine. Hunter’s Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Diseases, 10th Edition, keeps you up to date with everything from infectious diseases and environmental issues through poisoning and toxicology, animal injuries, and nutritional and micronutrient deficiencies that result from traveling to tropical or subtropical regions. This comprehensive resource provides authoritative clinical guidance, useful statistics, and chapters covering organs, skills, and services, as well as traditional pathogen-based content. You’ll get a full understanding of how to recognize and treat these unique health issues, no matter how widespread or difficult to control.
- Includes important updates on malaria, leishmaniasis, tuberculosis and HIV, as well as coverage of Ebola, Zika virus, Chikungunya, and other emerging pathogens.
- Provides new vaccine schedules and information on implementation.
- Features five all-new chapters: Neglected Tropical Diseases: Public Health Control Programs and Mass Drug Administration; Health System and Health Care Delivery; Zika; Medical Entomology; and Vector Control – as well as 250 new images throughout.
- Presents the common characteristics and methods of transmission for each tropical disease, as well as the applicable diagnosis, treatment, control, and disease prevention techniques.
- Contains skills-based chapters such as dentistry, neonatal pediatrics and ICMI, and surgery in the tropics, and service-based chapters such as transfusion in resource-poor settings, microbiology, and imaging.
- Discusses maladies such as delusional parasitosis that are often seen in returning travelers, including those making international adoptions, transplant patients, medical tourists, and more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Hardcover: 1264 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 10 edition (May 3, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323555128
- ISBN-13: 978-0323555128