ICD-10-CM Documentation 2020: Essential Charting Guidance to Support Medical Necessity-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $117
Size : 1.61 MB
ICD-10-CM requires very specific documentation to correctly choose diagnostic codes, a skill that both coders and physicians must master to code successfully. Moving beyond the transition to ICD-10, the new edition focuses on the key role proper documentation plays in supporting medical necessity.
ICD-10-CM Documentation 2020 brings coders and physicians together to ensure documentation success, identifying all ICD-10-CM documentation requirements using detailed checklists.
Designed for use alongside an ICD-10-CM codebook, this comprehensive training guide provides all the tools necessary to conduct an effective documentation analysis and to create a corrective action plan, making it ideal for both non-facility and facility coders. The chapter organization mirrors the structure of codebooks and all guidance is geared toward the process of code decision-making. In addition, exercises and quizzes test knowledge and understanding of key points throughout the book.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
· New codes, revisions and deletions, plus guideline updates for 2020 final 2020 changes will be integrated into every pertinent chapter, checklist, scenario and quiz
· Detailed, full-page anatomy illustrations for better interpretation of clinical notes
· Checklists to identify documentation elements for categories, subcategories and codes
· Checklists for specialty-specific documentation to review current records and identify any documentation deficiencies
· ICD-10-CM documentation scenarios display documentation requirements with important elements highlighted
· CDI checklists identify common documentation deficiencies faced when coding COPD, Pneumonia and Sepsis/SIRS
· Glossary of Medical Terminology
· Scenarios illustrate required documentation in ICD-10-CM with additional ICD-10 requirements highlighted so readers can understand where the documentation will appear in common coding scenarios based on real-life health care encounters
· End of chapter quizzes dive into coding practice with the conditions discussed in each chapter
- Paperback: 525 pages
- Publisher: Amer Medical Assn; 1 edition (September 1, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1622029283
- ISBN-13: 978-1622029280