ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2019/2020 Edition-Original PDF
Amazon Price $99
Size : 43.4 MB
Learn facility-based coding by actually working with codes. ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice provides an in-depth understanding of in-patient diagnosis and procedure coding to those who are just learning to code, as well as to experienced professionals who need to solidify and expand their knowledge. Featuring basic coding principles, clear examples, and challenging exercises, this text helps explain why coding is necessary for reimbursement, the basics of the health record, and rules, guidelines, and functions of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding.
- UPDATED ICD-10 codes and coding guidelines revisions ensure students have the most up-to-date information available.
- 30-day access to TruCode® encoder on the Evolve companion website provides students realistic practice with using an encoder.
- UPDATED codes for Pancreatitis, Diabetic Retinopathy, Fractures, GIST Tumors, Hypertension and Myocardial Infarctions.
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provide fast, easy access instruction on proper application of codes.
- Coverage of both common and complex procedures prepares students for inpatient procedural coding using ICD-10-PCS.
- Numerous and varied examples and exercises within each chapter break chapters into manageable segments and help students gauge learning while reinforcing important concepts
- Illustrations and examples of key diseases help in understanding how commonly encountered conditions relate to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Strong coverage of medical records provides a context for coding and familiarizes students with documents they will encounter on the job.
- Illustrated, full-color design emphasizes important content such as anatomy and physiology and visually reinforces key concepts.
- Paperback: 720 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 1 edition (August 30, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323532217
- ISBN-13: 978-0323532211