Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials for the Dental Team, 6e-Original PDF
Please login to see more information and the price. For login Click Here
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $54
By Chris H. Miller BA MS PhD(Author)
Size : 14.35 MB
Emphasizing patient safety and disease prevention in the dental office, Infection Control and Management of Hazardous Materials for the Dental Team, 6th Edition, is a go-to text for all members of the dental team. With discussions ranging from microbiology concepts to protocols for clinical asepsis, this comprehensive, highly practical text features the most up-to-date regulatory recommendations, as well as new chapters on patient safety preparation and infection control breaches. Step-by-step instructions make it easy for you to perform safety procedures and use the supplies and equipment needed to prevent the spread of infectious disease, and new case scenarios present opportunities for critical thinking and application.
- F Comprehensive coverage looks at infection control and prevention from the perspective of all dental team members.
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedures are provided for skills that dental team members must master, each presented with a goal, materials, chronological steps, and rationales for the performance of each step.
- Review questions ensure your comprehension of the material and provide practice for classroom and board examinations, with 10 to 20 multiple-choice questions at the end of each chapter.
- Key terms begin each chapter and are highlighted within text discussions and defined in a back-of-book glossary.
- Chapter quizzes on the Evolve companion website provide instant-feedback self-assessment.
- A highly approachable writing style makes this text a trusted educational tool, as well as a refresher on infection control.
- Trusted author and oral biology and infection control expert, Chris Miller, delivers the most up-to-date content needed to ensure patient safety and clinical competence within the dental office.
- Logically organized into three parts with brief chapters that move from foundational biology through specific areas of infection control and application to a dental office.
- Eight practical appendices offer easy access to the most significant regulatory agency rules and recommendations for infection control.
- Chapter objectives help you set goals for what you will accomplish, and serve as checkpoints for comprehension and study tools in preparation for examinations.
- Summary tables and boxes make study easier by highlighting key concepts and procedures and serve as useful review tools.
- NEW! Updated content based on the CDC’s Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings, which includes additional topics and information to augment the 2003 Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Settings.
- NEW! Two new chapters cover preparing for patient safety (focusing on training for dental personnel) and infection control breaches within dental offices.
- NEW! Case scenarios added to specific chapters examine an infection control incident, along with its potential consequences, possible preventive measures, and related recommendations and regulations.
- NEW and EXPANDED! Additional full-color images focus on disease states, disease transfer, and safety culture, helping improve teaching and learning.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 6 edition (February 2, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323400612
- ISBN-13: 978-0323400619