Intervention Research and Evidence-Based Quality Improvement, Second Edition: Designing, Conducting, Analyzing, and Funding-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $105
Size : 11.47 MB
First Edition received 2012 First Place AJN Book of the Year Award in Nursing Research!
“This is a resource for success and should be a part of any researcher’s library.”
–Doody’s Medical Reviews (Praise for the First Edition)
Written for researchers, clinicians and doctoral students, the newly revised edition of this comprehensive reference continues to deliver the essentials of intervention research with added content on evidence-based quality improvement, a must for improving healthcare quality, safety and population health outcomes. Although typically it takes years for research-based interventions to make their way to real world clinical settings, this “prolonged time for translation” frustrates researchers and their interprofessional teams. This second edition now delves even deeper into key strategies for rapidly moving research-based interventions into real world settings in the form of evidence-based quality improvement as well as the challenges of working in an increasingly diverse professional research environment.
Intervention Research and Evidence-Based Quality Improvement, Second Edition begins at the pilot study phase for intervention research and highlights every step of the way through to full-scale randomized controlled trials. Written in user-friendly format, content covers designing, conducting, analyzing, and funding intervention studies that improve healthcare quality and people’s health outcomes. Chapters cover writing grant applications and show examples of actual applications that have been funded by NIH and other organizations. These real-life samples are available online, alongside additional progress reports and final reports. Real-world examples of evidence-based quality improvement projects that have improved outcomes also are highlighted in this second edition.
New to the Second Edition:
- Describes evidence-based quality improvement and specific steps in conducting EBQI projects, which are essential for enhancing healthcare quality, safety and costs along with enhancing population health outcomes.
- Emphasizes the importance of interprofessional teams
- Focuses on using research-based interventions in real-world settings
- Six new chapters
o Generating Versus Using Evidence to Guide Best Practice
o Setting the Stage for Intervention Research and Evidence-based Quality Improvement
o Evidence-based Quality Improvement
o Translational Research: Why and How
o Factors Influencing Successful Uptake of Evidence-Based Interventions in Clinical Practice
o Using Social Media to Enhance Uptake of Research-Based Interventions into Real World Clinical Settings
- Provides a practical, comprehensive resource for designing, conducting, analyzing, and funding intervention studies
- Outlines the specific steps in designing, conducting and evaluating outcomes of evidence-based quality improvement projects
- Includes examples of funding research grants, progress reports, and final reports
- Serves as a core text for students in doctoral nursing and other health sciences programs
- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 2 edition (August 20, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0826155537
- ISBN-13: 978-0826155535