Interventional Breast Imaging: Ultrasound, Mammography, and MR Guidance Techniques
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
This teaching textbook is highly recommended to any radiologist. –Clinical Imaging May 2011, Antonio F. Govoni, MD
The difference [between this book] with traditional books presenting radiological cases is based on the choice by the authors to present each case as a quiz thereby stimulating the reader to test his/her experience and technical knowledge. –Clinical Imaging May 2011, Aldo Morra, MD
Simulates the experience of having the direct supervision of a more seasoned radiologist colleague…one could find the answer to virtually any question about breast imaging interventional procedures in this book. –Doody’s Review
Written by a team of experts, this practical how-to guide provides a systematic overview of the most current image-guided interventional techniques used to diagnose breast abnormalities.
In the first part of the book, the authors discuss how to acquire tissue samples using minimally invasive procedures such as ultrasound-, x-ray-, and MRI-based interventions, and present information on pretherapeutic localization and classification of lesions. The second part of the book covers the essentials of fine-needle aspiration and cytologic assessment, followed by a chapter on histologic evaluation and up-to-date pathology reporting categories for core and vacuum biopsy specimens.
- 1,295 high-quality clinical images from the authors’ daily practice illustrate radiographic findings and examination approaches
- More than 50 cases studies for self-assessment
- Separate chapters on patient preparation, instrumentation, galactography and ductoscopy, and sentinel node biopsy
- Color-coded text boxes highlight tips, tricks, pitfalls, checklists, and guidelines for rapid review of essential concepts
- Consistent chapter structure for maximum accessibility
Interventional Breast Imaging is a must-have resource for all radiologists and gynecologists. It will improve the accuracy and confidence of any clinician involved in image-guided breast interventions.
- Hardcover: 264 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1st edition edition (May 12, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3131467010
- ISBN-13: 9783131467010