Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing 8th Edition-Original PDF
Amazon Price $91
By Gloria Leifer MA RN CNE(Author)
Size : 351.15 MB
Get a solid foundation in maternity and pediatric nursing! Written in a clear, concise, friendly style, Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing, 8th Edition is the complete guide to caring for maternity and pediatric patients. This best-selling text is organized by developmental stages, discussions of pediatric disorders by body system from simple-to-complex and health-to-illness, and includes a focus on family health. This edition also contains newly updated NCLEX® style review questions, new case studies, new content on zika virus, QSEN and safety, and expanded phases of pregnancy.
- Evidence-based maternal-child content prepares you for the LVN/LPN to achieve higher levels of learning, a goal expressed by the IOM Committee on the Future of Nursing.
- Over 42 detailed, updated nursing skills introduce you to skills unique to maternity and pediatric care.
- Over 25 nursing care plans feature seven different formats/themes/styles, including unfolding case studies.
- The beginning concepts of critical thinking introduces you to this idea as a basis for clinical nursing care.
- Updated content on the influence of microbiomes on non-invasive pregnancy and newborn nursing care addresses its impact on the adult health of the newborn.
- Step-by-step application of the nursing process covers the hospital, home, community and use in improving global health.
- Expanded cultural practices as they relate to pregnancy, delivery and pediatric care in the community.
- Coverage of the use of expanding new technologies and computerized medication administration reinforce the nursing process and strengthen problem-solving skills as applied to maternity nursing.
- NEW! Discussion of new health threats
- include in-depth coverage of the Zika virus and Influenza
- NEW! Updated guidelines for hypertension and immunizations for infants and children.
- NEW! Updated QSEN goals and nursing responsibilities reflect the most recent changes.
- NEW! Expanded phases of pregnancy includes preconceptual, prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum and interconceptual care and nursing responsibilities.
- NEW! Updated nursing responsibilities related to global health reflect the “Baby Friendly Hospital” WHO initiative and interprofessional nursing communication related to nursing “hand-off care” and shift change reports.
- NEW! Updated NCLEX® exam-style review questions have been revised with alternate item formats at the end of each chapter.
- NEW! Expanded nursing and safety tips throughout include evidence-based online resources which provide pertinent information applicable in the clinical setting that reinforces what you have just learned while building on previously learned information.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of bioterrorism better reflects trauma related to pregnancy and pediatric care.
- Paperback: 878 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 8 edition (October 19, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323483976
- ISBN-13: 978-0323483971