Introduction to Occupational Therapy 6th Edition-Original PDF
Buy Premium Membership Or use your points
Amazon Price $76.99 | By David Lay , Steven Lay , Judi McDonald | Size : 106 Mb
Prepare for success in OT practice with a complete overview of the profession! Introduction to Occupational Therapy, 6th Edition helps you master the roles and responsibilities of the OT practitioner. Content examines OT practice ― from client evaluation to planning interventions and goals to reaching optimal outcomes. You will also learn valuable skills in clinical reasoning and in providing occupational therapy across the client’s lifespan. Written by the respected author team of Jane Clifford O’Brien and Brittany Conners, this comprehensive resource discusses today’s OT practice and adds new chapters on self-care, supportive technology, advocacy, and the lived experience of OT practitioners.
- Complete coverage of OT practice provides an overview of practice in a variety of rehabilitation, mental health, and community settings, and across the lifespan.
- A broad perspective fits the needs of both Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant students.
- Case studies and activities in each chapter help you apply concepts and develop problem-solving skills.
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you learn to think logically and use research to create intervention plans.
- Helpful tables and boxes provide easy access to material for practice, action steps, and outlines of processes.
- The OT Practice Framework provides a sound basis for decision making, defining occupational therapy areas of concern and the OT process.
- Chapter objectives, key terms, chapter summaries, and review questions highlight important content in each chapter.
- NEW! Additional chapters cover Prioritizing Self Care; Leadership and Advocacy; The Lived Experience of OT Practitioners; and Technology to Support Occupational Engagement.
- UPDATED! Revised content throughout provides the most current information needed to be an effective practitioner today.
- NEW! Current content addresses societal trends influencing the profession, including occupational justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- NEW! Expanded content includes historical influences of Black OTs, OTs of color, LGBTQIA, and multicultural groups, emphasizing action steps to promote, advocate, and enable diversity, equity, and inclusion within the profession.
- NEW! Perspectives from students, practitioners (therapists and OT assistants), professors, entrepreneurs, and retired practitioners are embedded in chapters.
- UPDATED! The latest references and examples ensure the content is current and applicable for today’s students.
- Follows the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework (4th Edition) (OTPF) and the newest Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) Curriculum standards .
- Boxes with tips in many chapters apply content in practice related to concepts such as self-care, advocacy, critical thinking, and inclusion.
- Representation of the diversity of the OT profession is reflected throughout the text in content and photos.
- Publisher : Mosby; 6th edition (February 15, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 320 pages
- ISBN-10 : 032379856X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323798563
- Item Weight : 9.92 pounds