Post Views: 0
Krause’s Food & the Nutrition Care Process, 13e (Krause’s Food & Nutrition Therapy)
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
L. Kathleen Mahan MS RD CDE (Author), Janice L Raymond MS RD CD (Author), Sylvia Escott-Stump MA RD LDN (Author)
The most respected nutrition text for more than 50 years, Krause’s Food and the Nutrition Care Process delivers comprehensive and up-to-date information from respected educators and practitioners in the field. The latest recommendations include the new MyPlate guide, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, new and expanded chapters, and a large variety of tables, boxes, and pathophysiology algorithms, all providing need-to-know information with ease. New co-editor Janice L. Raymond joins L. Kathleen Mahan and Sylvia Escott-Stump and nearly 50 leading educators, researchers, and practitioners in writing a nutrition text that’s ideal for use in class or everyday practice.
- Expert contributors include nearly 50 nationally recognized writers, researchers, and practitioners, each writing on their area of specialization.
- Clear, logical organization details each step of complete nutritional care from assessment to therapy.
- UNIQUE! Pathophysiology algorithms clarify the illness process and to ensure more effective care.
- New Directions boxes reflect the latest research in emerging areas in nutrition therapy.
- Focus On boxes provide additional detail on key chapter concepts.
- Clinical Insight boxes and Clinical Scenarios with detailed Sample Nutrition Diagnosis statements help ensure the most accurate and effective interventions in practice.
- Key terms listed at the beginning of each chapter and bolded within the text provide quick access to important nutrition terminology.
- More than 1,000 self-assessment questions on a companion Evolve website reinforce key textbook content.
- New recommendations reflect a comprehensive approach to diet and nutrition that incorporates the USDA’s MyPlate guide, the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010, and the Eating Well with Canada’s Food Guide recommendations.
- Reorganized table of contents reinforces the Nutrition Care Process structure endorsed by the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
- MNT for Thyroid Disorders chapter details important nutrition considerations for managing thyroid disorders.
- New calcium and vitamin D Dietary Recommended Intakes (DRIs) improve monitoring of nutrient intake.
- Expanded Nutrition in Aging chapter includes assessment and nutritional care guidelines for the growing elderly patient population.
- Growth grids for children detail proper patient nutrition during infancy and early childhood.
- Extensively revised MNT for Food Allergies chapter highlights the importance of food allergy management in clinical nutrition therapy.
- Updated appendices enhance assessment accuracy with the latest laboratory findings and normal values.
- Series: Krause’s Food & Nutrition Therapy
- Hardcover: 1248 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 13 edition (September 7, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437722334
- ISBN-13: 9781437722338