Laryngeal Function and Voice Disorders: Basic Science to Clinical Practice-Original PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $75
By Charles W. Bamforth (Author), David J. Cook (Author)
Size : 62.19 MB
The definitive evidence-based resource on the diagnosis and treatment of voice disorders
Laryngeal Function and Voice Disorders: Basic Science to Clinical Practice by renowned experts Christopher Watts and Shaheen Awan focuses on the latest developments in the assessment and management of voice disorders. New ASHA practice recommendations are included in accessible, digestible, and didactic content. This unique multimedia resource merges historical facts and experiential understanding with recent advances in scientific knowledge and evidence-based practice patterns.
The book includes discussion of the anatomical, physiological, acoustic, aerodynamic, and imaging science informing the understanding of vocal function in normal and disordered states. Major technical components of voice evaluation are covered, including perceptual analyses, acoustic analyses, aerodynamic analyses, and laryngeal visualization.
- Case studies reinforce evidence-based approaches, clinical relevance, and practical applications
- Discussion of laryngeal disorders, laryngeal evaluations, laryngeal endoscopy and stroboscopy, and voice rehabilitation
- Voice and airway impairment evaluations, diagnostic and treatment processes, and options available to speech-language pathologists
- Guidance on collaborating with medical specialists, in particular otolaryngologists
- Videos and sound files aid in the understanding of the perceptual and acoustic components of voice evaluation
This highly practical reference is a must have for upper-level undergraduate students in communication sciences, graduate students in speech language pathology, and practicing health care professionals. Otolaryngology and neurology residents and physical therapy doctoral candidates will also find this resource beneficial.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.
- Hardcover: 323 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (February 7, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 162623390X
- ISBN-13: 978-1626233904