Learning and Teaching in Clinical Contexts: A Practical Guide-EPUB
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $108
Size : 12.26 MB
Featuring the perspectives of more than 40 leading international researchers, theorists and practitioners in clinical education, Learning and Teaching in Clinical Contexts: A Practical Guide provides a bridge between the theoretical aspects of clinical education and the delivery of practical teaching strategies.
Written by Clare Delany and Elizabeth Molloy, each chapter weaves together education theory, education strategies and illustrative learning and teaching case scenarios drawn from multidisciplinary clinical contexts. The text supports clinicians and educators responsible for designing and delivering health professional education in clinical workplaces and clinicians undertaking continuing education in workplace teaching.
The book is divided into four sections, each addressing a key aspect of the learner and educator experience.
Section 1 considers the learner’s needs as they make key transitions from classroom to workplace, or recent graduate to competent clinician Section 2 focuses on the influence of workplace contexts and how they can be used as positive catalysts to enhance learning Section 3 highlights the role of workplace assessments as embedded processes to positively influence learning Section 4 provides an overview of the changing roles of the clinical educator and processes and models of professional development to build educational expertise
- Demonstrates the integrated nature of three key threads within the field of clinical education: theory, method and context
- Highlights theoretical frameworks: cognitive, psychological, sociocultural, experiential and ethical traditions and how they inform teaching decisions
- Incorporates case studies throughout to provide a context to learning and teaching in clinical education
- Includes practical tips from expert practitioners across different topics
- Includes an eBook with print purchase on evolve
- Paperback: 456 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 1 edition (August 6, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0729542726
- ISBN-13: 978-0729542722