Learning Microbiology and Infectious Diseases: Clinical Case Prep for the USMLE-Original PDF
Amazon Price $63
By Tracey A. H. Taylor(Author), Dwayne Baxa(Author), Matthew Sims(Author)
Size : 22.29 MB
High-yield microbiology cases help students apply knowledge and prepare for board exams
Learning Microbiology and Infectious Diseases: Clinical Case Prep for the USMLE® by Tracey A. H. Taylor, Dwayne Baxa, and Matthew Sims presents diverse cases that encourage problem-based learning, which is key to building diagnostic skills. Each case portrays a real-life scenario, promoting a bridge from foundational knowledge to its application. A series of USMLE-style questions with thorough explanations provide an understanding of microbiology and infectious diseases, an ability to differentiate between infections and viruses, and identify bacteria, fungi, and parasites. Questions cover causative agents, disease transmission, mechanism of pathogenesis action, and pharmacotherapy.
- 50 case studies with images mirror situations seen in everyday practice
- An intermingling of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology cases, and organ systems reflect real-world patient scenarios and encourage critical thinking
- Comprehensive cases encompass symptoms and duration, medical and family history, physical exam and lab findings, differential diagnosis, and treatment and prevention
This essential, highly practical resource will help medical students build problem-solving skills, assess microbiology and infectious disease knowledge, and fully prepare for the boards.
- Series: Clinical Case Prep for the USMLE®
- Paperback: 236 pages
- Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (February 10, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1626235082
- ISBN-13: 978-1626235083