Manual of Lifestyle Medicine-Original PDF
The mentioned format should be available on one or more of the websites below. For more information That Which websites has the exact format you need to contact us.
Amazon Kobo ebooks OpenDrive Hive booktopia
Amazon Price $64
By James M. Rippe(Author)
Size : 25.43 MB
The fundamental premise of lifestyle medicine is that daily habits profoundly impact health and quality of life both in the short-term and long-term. Written by lifestyle medicine pioneer and cardiologist , Dr. James Rippe, this book provides a clinically oriented, evidence-based look into key lifestyle factors and how to prescribe them to individuals of all ages.
Written for professionals working at all levels of medical and healthcare practice, this manual summarizes the major components of lifestyle medicine, from physical activity and nutrition to weight management and the avoidance of tobacco products. It includes clinical guidelines and practices for using lifestyle medicine principles to lower the risk of numerous chronic conditions. The manual also provides information on behavior change, approaches to lowering the risk of dementia, treatment of addictions and injury prevention.
- Explains how lifestyle medicine can reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, osteoarthritis, dementia and many other chronic conditions.
- Chapters begin with bulleted key points and conclude with a list of clinical applications.
- Provides strategies for prescribing physical activity and helping patients improve their nutrition, lose weight if necessary and reduce stress.
- Includes clinically relevant sections on “Treating Addiction, Preventing Injury and Improving Brain Health”.
This book provides updated and clinically targeted summaries used in conjunction with Dr. Rippe’s major academic textbook Lifestyle Medicine, now in its third edition, published by CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, LLC.
- Publisher : CRC Press; 1st edition (May 7, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 316 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0367481316
- ISBN-13 : 978-0367481315