Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry: A Clinical Approach 5th Edition-EPUB
Amazon Price $89
By Michael Lieberman(Author), Alisa Peet MD(Author)
Size : 64.62 MB
Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, allowing students to apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine – from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes, highlighting the material’s clinical applications; helpful icons allow for smooth navigation, making complex concepts easier to grasp.
- Full-color illustrations make chemical structures and biochemical pathways easy to visualize.
- Patient vignettes connect biochemistry to human health and disease.
- Clinical Notes explain patient signs or symptoms, and Method Notes relate biochemistry to the laboratory tests ordered during diagnosis.
- Clinical Comments link biochemical dynamics to treatment options and patient outcomes.
- Biochemical Comments explore directions for new research.
- Key Concepts and Summary Disease tables highlight the take-home messages in each chapter.
- Questions and answers at the end of each chapter – 470 total inside the book, with 560 more online – probe students’ mastery of key concepts.
- Additional handy resources available online make it easy to review all diseases and all methods covered throughout the book and to find references for further information and study
- Paperback: 1008 pages
- Publisher: LWW; 5 edition (July 25, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1496324811
- ISBN-13: 978-1496324818