Mayhall’s Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Prevention Fifth Edition-EPUB+Converted PDF
Login is required
If you are not our user, for invitation Click Here
Amazon Price $239
By David Weber(Author), Tom Talbot(Author)
The fifth edition of Mayhall’s Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Prevention has a new streamlined focus, with new editors and contributors, a new two-color format, and a new title. Continuing the legacy of excellence established by Dr. C. Glen Mayhall, this thoroughly revised text covers all aspects of healthcare-associated infections and their prevention and remains the most comprehensive reference available in this complex field. It examines every type of healthcare-associated (nosocomial) infection and addresses every issue relating to surveillance, prevention, and control of these infections in patients and in healthcare personnel, providing unparalleled coverage for hospital epidemiologists and infectious disease specialists.
- Covers the basics of hospital epidemiology and infection prevention, types of healthcare-associated infections, details of specific pathogens (bacterial, mycobacterial, fungal, and viral), special populations, prevention of infections related to specific procedures as well as the hospital environment, antibiotic stewardship, occupational health, and emergency preparedness, among other key topics.
- Focuses on the evidence, science, and operational insight critical to the detection, transmission, and prevention of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
- Includes chapters centered on specific types of HAIs (CLABSI, CAUTI, SSI, for example) and specific healthcare settings and patient populations (such as burn units, neonatal ICUs, and transplant recipients).
- Includes two several entirely new chapters on antimicrobial stewardship.
- Reflects new, user-friendly features such as the placement of core basic skills like HAI surveillance, isolation practices, and outbreak investigation earlier in the book; bulleted key points at the beginning of each chapter; full reference lists in every chapter; more figures and illustrations; and updated charts and graphs throughout.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Item Weight : 1.74 pounds
- Hardcover : 760 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975124588
- Dimensions : 8.38 x 10.88 inches
- Publisher : LWW; Fifth edition (December 9, 2020)
- Language: : English